Block Rosary is a Marian devotion which is connected with the visit of Icons of Mary, or Statues of Mary from house to house and from one family to another, where special veneration is given to Mary and the Holy Family during the term of the sacramentals stay.
We urge you to form a Block Rosary group in your area with your friends and neighbors. Gather in one of your homes at the same time each week to pray the Rosary for your neighborhood, city and your country. Pray also for your bishops and the Pope, so that they do their part to defend the Social Kingship of Christ and restore all things to Christ, fight Heresy, Corruption, and Godlessness, and bring peace to the world.
“Do not err, my brethren. Those that corrupt families shall not inherit the kingdom of God. And if those that corrupt mere human families are condemned to death, how much more shall those suffer everlasting punishment who endeavor to corrupt the Church of Christ, for which the Lord Jesus, the only-begotten Son of God, endured the cross, and submitted to death! Whosoever, ‘being waxen fat,’ and ‘become gross,’ sets at nought His doctrine, shall go into Hell. In like manner, every one that has received from God the power of distinguishing, and yet follows an unskillful shepherd, and receives a false opinion for the truth, shall be punished.” St. Ignatius of Antioch, “Epistle To The Ephesians,” c. 105 A.D.
Keep this Block Rosary spiritual and simple by meeting only to pray the Rosary. Do not serve refreshments or have discussions or long conversations on these occasions. It is not a social event. Do not let the Block Rosary in your area lose its spiritual purpose little by little by letting it turn into a social event. It must be a continues Vigil of Prayer.
As well as praying the daily Rosary, we urge you to set aside fifteen minutes or an hour each week to pray the Rosary with your family or alone, in Church or at home, to pray the Rosary so that God will bring peace to our country and the world.
Benefits of the Block Rosary
It is a powerful means to deepen Christian life in the family and in groups of families through community building and concern. It also intensifies the devotion for Jesus and for the Virgin Mary.
In addition to being an effective means of stimulating parish devotion, group recitation has many benefits for individual souls, and is highly recommended by Saint Louis Marie de Montfort. In his book, The Secret of the Rosary he lists these benefits:
1. Normally, our minds are far more alert during public prayer, than when we pray alone.
2. When we pray in common, the prayer of each one belongs to all. We make one great prayer together, so that if one person is not praying well, someone else in the same gathering who prays better may make up for his deficiency. In this way, those who are strong uphold the weak. Those who are fervent inspire the lukewarm.
3. One who says his Rosary alone only gains the merit of that one Rosary. But if he says it together with others, he gains the merit of each Rosary. This is the law of public prayer.
4. Pope Urban VIII who was very pleased to see how devotion to the Holy Rosary had spread in the city of Rome, and how it was being said in two groups or choirs, attached 100 days extra indulgence whenever the Rosary was said in two groups. This was set out in his brief Ad Perpetuam Rei Memoriam written in the year 1626.
5. Public prayer is far more powerful than private prayer, to appease the anger of God, and to call down His mercy. Holy Mother Church, guided by the Holy Ghost, has always advocated public prayer in times of public tragedy and suffering.
6. If the faithful recite five decades of the Rosary in company with others, whether in public or private, they may gain an indulgence of ten years, once a day. A plenary indulgence on the last Sunday of the month, with the addition of confession and Communion and a visit to the church, if they perform such recitation at least three times in any of the preceding weeks.
Finally, Saint Louis Marie de Montfort states, “When people say the Rosary together, it is far more formidable to the devil, than one said privately, because in this public prayer, it is an army that is attacking. It is very easy to break a single stick, but if you join it to others to make a bundle, it cannot be broken. In union, there is strength.”
“If you want peace in your heart, in your home, in your country, assemble together every night and say the Rosary.” ~ Pope St. Pius X.
Rosary Bay is Here to Support You
Rosary Bay is a Christian mission-driven online resource and shop inspired from the beauty of Catholic faith, tradition, and arts. Our mission is to “Restore All Things to Christ!”, in continuing the legacy of Pope St. Pius X under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary. “Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle array?” O Mary conceived without sin. Pray for us who have recourse to Thee.