The Traditional Latin Mass, “The Mass of All Ages” is making a great comeback among Catholics of all ages. While the traditionalist movement in the Church is growing, and yet fragmented, below are links to the trustworthy informational websites.
Traditional Orders, Societies & Resources
- The Remnant Newspaper – a fine Catholic publication that must be read and distributed far and wide! For nearly fifty years Remnant has been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. With daily updates and news links from around the world, The Remnant Newspaper has become a trusted source of information for tens of thousands of Catholics.
- Society of St. Pius X
The Society of Saint Pius X is a priestly society of common life without vows, founded by Archbishop Lefebvre, established in the Roman Catholic Church with Canonical approval on November 1st, 1970. The spirit of the SSPX is essentially apostolic; it was designed by its founder to operate much like a missionary order, spreading the faith far and wide. This apostolate is today especially necessary considering the spread of atheism, agnosticism, and religious indifference.
- Society of St. Pius V
The Society of St. Pius V is an organization of traditional Catholic priests dedicated to the preservation of the Traditional Latin Mass. Priests in the Society do not offer the traditional Latin Mass out of a sense of nostalgia, or love of Latin. Nor do they do so for aesthetic considerations, stubbornness, or out of disobedience. They do so because of the content and purpose of the Catholic Mass and because it is the Catholic thing to do. They believe that the new Mass and sacraments compromise the true Catholic Religion and do not convey and profess the Catholic Faith as defined by Our Lord Jesus Christ and passed down to us from the Apostles.
- Priestly Fraternity of St Peter (FSSP)
The Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter is a Clerical Society of Apostolic Life of Pontifical right, that is, a community of Roman Catholic priests who do not take religious vows, but who work together for a common mission in the world. The mission of the Fraternity is two-fold: first, the formation and sanctification of priests in the cadre of the traditional liturgy of the Roman rite, and secondly, the pastoral deployment of the priests in the service of the Church.
- The Latin Mass Society of England & Wales
The Latin Mass Society, founded in 1965, is an association of Catholic faithful dedicated to the promotion of the traditional Latin liturgy of the Catholic Church, the teachings and practices integral to it, the musical tradition which serves it, and the Latin language in which it is celebrated. The intrinsic value and continuing importance of the Church’s ‘earlier liturgical traditions’ have been affirmed by Pope Benedict XVI in his motu proprio Summorum Pontificum (SP) of 2007 (Preface), which rules that the Roman Missal of 1962—‘the Missal of Blessed Pope John XXIII’—has never been abrogated. Mention should also be made of the other sacraments and rituals, the traditional Divine Office, and the other legitimate Rites, Uses and liturgical customs of the Latin West, as important and living parts of the Latin liturgical tradition.
- The Holy Mass
This website provides a pictorial study of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. It contains more than seventy classic black and white photos with text, which are organized to help the Catholic Faithful better understand the various actions of the priest, God’s representative at the altar. It intends to help them to use the Missal more intelligently and to appreciate more fully the actions of the priest and the sacredness of the Divine Sacrifice.
- The Baltimore Catechism
Provided for the betterment of your soul is the timeless Baltimore Catechism. The Traditional Catholic Faith is taught here in a clear and concise, Question and Answer format, which can easily be memorized and understood, and then quickly applied by members of the Church Militant to defend their Faith against the enemies of the Church.
- Traditional Catholic
A Brief Historical Survey of Church teaching 100 years prior to the Second Vatican Council.
- Traditional Catholic Priest
- My Catholic Source
- Regina Prophetarum
Traditional Sermons for Traditional Catholics
- Traditio – The Traditional Roman Catholic Network
This site operates independently of any diocese, religious society, or other web site
Latin–English Roman Missal
Sacred Music & Gregorian Chant
- Musica Sacra (Church Music Association of America) With the Motu Proprio having been released, all priests now have permission to offer the Traditional Mass according to the 1962 Missal. Many priests desire to celebrate the Traditional Mass, but they need resources to learn how to celebrate it worthily and with devotion. With your help, Sancta Missa can be the essential aid to fulfill this end. Future projects may include extensive tutorials for learning the Requiem Mass, Missa Cantata or High Mass, Solemn High Mass, Pontifical Solemn Mass, Rite of Baptism, and other timeless treasures of the Catholic liturgy.