Parish Ritual book is designed to aid parish priests in the regular exercise of the pastoral ministry according to the traditional Roman Rite.
In December of 2017, we were approached by a seminarian on behalf of some priests, who were looking for a travel-size Ritual for the administration of the most important and most frequently used ceremonies, devotions and sacraments in the traditional rite. The seminarian had a scanned copy of the 1962 Parish Ritual originally edited by Father Frederick McManus and Father Bede Babo, O.S.B. Certain changes, however, were requested so that the book would conform to the more traditional Psalms and other Scriptural translations. We took out the 1945 Pian Psalter and replaced it with the Vulgate Psalter of St. Jerome, whenever the psalms were used in the Ritual. And for the Confraternity Scriptural texts, we used the Douay-Rheims translations instead. We also reset the Gregorian chant notes so that they are clearer and easier to read.
This liturgical book is a new version of the Ritual that is similar to what was called the Collectio Rituum, having most of the features of that book. Moreover, we added an extra appendix which was not in the original. This Latin/English Ritual will certainly be a benefit for all priests who wish to have a useful travel-size book.
We have had this book designed and printed in the traditional way: real ink, sewn signatures, 2 ribbons, bonded flex black leather, front & back stamping, round & gilt edges, durable end sheets.
Parish Ritual Table of Contents
- Baptism: 1-104
- Confirmation of the Sick & Danger of Death: 105-109
- Sacrament of Penance: 109-120
- Administration of Holy Communion outside of Mass: 121-124
- Forty Hours: 125-138
- Benediction: 139-140
- Extreme Unction: 141-149
- Communion of the Sick: 150-155
- Visitation and Care of the Sick: 156-165
- Manner of Assisting of the Dying: 166-184
- The Funeral Rite: 185-220
- Celebration of Marriage; Silver or Golden Wedding Anniversary, etc.: 221-250
- Blessings (most common & frequently used): 251-296
- Litanies: 297-308
- Prayer for the Church & Civil Authorities: 309-310
- Index: 311-314
- Appendix 1: Hymns
- Appendix 2: Blessing of St Benedict Medal, Solemn Blessing of the Cross
- Longer act of Consecration of the Sacred Heart
Rosary Bay is a Christian mission-driven online resource and shop inspired from the beauty of Catholic faith, tradition, and arts. Our mission is to “Restore All Things to Christ!”, in continuing the legacy of Pope St. Pius X under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary. “Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle array?” O Mary conceived without sin. Pray for us who have recourse to Thee.